By Yuli Vasiliev
Beginning Database-Driven software improvement in Javaв„ў EE: utilizing GlassFishв„ў makes a speciality of the open resource GlassFish patience engine. This publication indicates Java programmers tips to enhance purposes using relational database applied sciences with examples utilizing Oracle and MySQL and the GlassFish software improvement framework and deployment platform all in keeping with Java EE.
- The booklet explains intimately how one can set up your Java EE answer right into a multilayer structure, putting so much emphasis on easy methods to enforce the endurance and database levels of an program.
- Through many examples, this publication indicates how one can successfully use the Java endurance positive aspects to be had within the Java EE platform. learn how you could tremendously simplify the duty of creating the endurance layer of your Java EE program through relocating a few software good judgment into the underlying database, using database perspectives, kept courses, and triggers.
- The e-book additionally explains the best way to set up Java EE purposes to GlassFish, a loose, open resource Java EE 5вЂ“compliant software server.
What youвЂ™ll learn
- Use the GlassFish endurance layer at the side of GlassFish Java EE program server.
- Organize the database and patience stages of a Java EE program; and make the most of MySQL or Oracle database functions while construction the database tier.
- Work with EJB three JPA object/relational mapping gains; plug JPA into Java EE transactional surroundings; and enforce patience with the EJB three EntityManager.
- Integrate and use JSF (webвЂ“tier) utilizing rising GlassFish JSF Framework (Scales) and different JSF tools/frameworks.
- Deploy functions to GlassFish software Server.
Who is that this publication for?
The booklet is suitable for Java builders who are looking to the right way to strengthen Java EE purposes interacting with a relational database through the Java patience API (JPA) after which install them to the open resource GlassFish program Server.
About the Apress starting Series
The starting sequence from Apress is the ideal option to get the knowledge you want to land that the most important entryвЂ“level task. those books will educate you a regular and significant know-how from the floor up simply because they're explicitly designed to take you from вЂњnovice to professional.вЂќ YouвЂ™ll begin your trip through seeing what you must knowвЂ”but with no useless conception and filler. YouвЂ™ll construct your ability set via studying easy methods to prepare realвЂ“world tasks step-by-step. So even if your target is your subsequent occupation problem or a brand new studying chance, the start sequence from Apress will take you thereвЂ”it is your relied on advisor via strange territory!
Read or Download Beginning Database-Driven Application Development in Java EE: Using GlassFish PDF
Best introductory & beginning books
* After a short advent to visible Studio 2005 and the . web Framework, the professional authors introduce readers to the basics of the visible uncomplicated 2005 language * End-of-chapter workouts aid readers to quick learn how to construct wealthy and professional-looking functions for Microsoft home windows, intranets and the web, and cellular units * bargains thorough assurance of the hot visible Studio 2005 instruments and lines * Covers object-oriented programming, growing customized controls, operating with databases, growing menus, and dealing with images * Addresses development type libraries, net providers and .
Online game builders will flip to this publication for the newest info on video game programming expertise. It exhibits intimately how you can use Java to application video games for interactive use on the web and world-wide-web. because the internet represents the following evolutionary step for online game programming, this publication is bound to be a success.
Extra info for Beginning Database-Driven Application Development in Java EE: Using GlassFish
War . war file should appear in the HelloWorld directory. Now you can use this archive to deploy the application to the application server. Deploying the Application Using Autodeploy Deployment can be accomplished in different ways. The simplest way to deploy an application is to copy its WAR deployment archive to the autodeploy directory under [glassfish_dir]/ domains]/your_domain. If you are using the default domain, this should be the following directory: [glassfish_dir]/domains/domain1/autodeploy.
To make sure it has done so, you can point your browser to http:// localhost:8080/HelloWorldWithIDE/. As a result, you should see the page displaying the Hello World!!! message. 45 46 CHAPTER 2 ■ GETTING STARTED WITH GLASSFISH Understanding GlassFish Domains GlassFish uses the concept of domains to organize application server instances into groups, each of which shares the same configuration settings, log files, and user applications deployed. You might create more than one domain in your application server if you need to use the deployed applications in different environments.
If so, you can skip this section. But if you just picked the book up from the shelf in a bookstore, wondering what GlassFish is all about and what makes it stand out from the other Java EE application servers available, then you might find the information provided here interesting. The following points sum up GlassFish advantages: • GlassFish is the most widely adopted Java EE reference implementation. • GlassFish includes the TopLink Essentials implementation of JPA. • GlassFish is open source and freely available software.